COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Site includes:
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily give to us [when you register with the Site or] when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Site. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, your browser type, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site.
Data From Social Networks
User information from social networking sites, such as [Apple’s Game Center, Facebook, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter], including your name, your social network username, location, gender, birth date, email address, profile picture, and public data for contacts, if you connect your account to such social networks.
Mobile Device Data
Device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device, if you access the Site from a mobile device.
Information from third parties, such as personal information or network friends, if you connect your account to the third party and grant the Site permission to access this information.
Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys
Personal and other information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
Mobile Application Information
If you connect using our mobile application:
- Geo-Location Information. We may request access or permission to and track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our mobile application, to provide location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Access. We may request access or permission to certain features from your mobile device, including your mobile device’s [bluetooth, calendar, camera, contacts, microphone, reminders, sensors, SMS messages, social media accounts, storage,] and other features. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device’s settings.
- Mobile Device Data. We may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
- Push Notifications. We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or the Application. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site to:
- Administer sweepstakes, promotions, and contests.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Create and manage your account.
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Site to you.
- Email you regarding your account or order.
- Enable user-to-user communications.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Site.
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Site more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site [and our mobile application].
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
- Notify you of updates to the Site.
- Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you a newsletter.
- Solicit support for the Site.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Interactions with Other Users
If you interact with other users of the Site, those users may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, chatting with other users, liking posts, following blogs.
When you post comments, contributions or other content to the Site, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site These companies may use information about your visits to the Site and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
Social Media Contacts
If you connect to the Site through a social network, your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity.
Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
OPTIONS REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
Emails and Communications
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from us, you may opt-out by:
- Noting your preferences at the time you register your account with the Site [or our mobile application]
- Logging into your account settings and updating your preferences.
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails, or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Site [or our mobile application], you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Site [or our mobile application]. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Site [or our mobile application], but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
Terms and Conditions
Important: If you do not follow these Terms and Conditions, then West Publications LLC can cancel your subscription at any time, and no refund will be given.
Also, if you purchased an individual license, then only one user is allowed to access and use Content (as defined below). If you want additional users to have such access and use, then you should obtain a group license.
By subscribing to access and use one or more Courses from our library of instructional courses and their Content, you agree to the following Terms and Conditions:
This site, teachitonlinenow.com, (the “Site”) is owned and operated by West Publications LLC (hereinafter referred to as “West” or “we”) in partnership with LHT Publications LLC. Please carefully read, review, and be sure you understand our Terms and Conditions prior to using this Site. Use of this Site and any Content available herein indicates that you agree to, and agree to be bound by, these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you should leave this Site, not use any of the Content available herein, and/or not subscribe to our video library.
When you subscribe to our Foundation Course or future courses, we hereby grant you a nonexclusive limited, nontransferable license for twelve (12) months from the date of your subscription to use the Foundation Course comprised of sixteen (16) separate modules, each one of which contains 40+ videos, assessments, activities, reflections, and a resource and discussion guide (collectively, the “Content”) or similar future courses subscribed to, solely for internal training purposes. You may not sublicense, assign or transfer this license to anyone else without the prior written consent of West which may be withheld in West’s sole discretion. West reserves the right to refuse to license any user. West may assign your subscription, in whole or in part, at any time with or without notice to you.
Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to, the following: sharing or creating content based upon the Content that is intended for resale, whether on-line or not, including, without limitation, website content, eLearning content, other training or eLearning tutorials or other materials to be shared with non-subscribers. You may not offer the foregoing for a price or for free on a website, blog, or social network.
THIS LICENSE IS NOT A SALE. TITLE AND COPYRIGHTS TO (1) THE FOUNDATION COURSE AND ALL FUTURE COURSES, (2) ALL CONTENT, AND (3) ANY COPIES OF CONTENT MADE BY YOU, ALL REMAIN THE EXCLUSIVE PROPERTY OF WEST OR ITS LICENSORS, AS THE CASE MAY BE, AND SHALL NOT BE OWNED BY YOU UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE.
If the Content is licensed by you on behalf of your employees, you shall ensure that only employees expressly licensed shall access the Content. You shall maintain records of all use and copying of the Content and assignment of all login identifications used to access the Content. West shall have the right to examine such records and to audit your access to verify compliance with your subscription and these Terms and Conditions.
You may only use Content if you have purchased a current subscription to the Foundation Course. Once your subscription has expired and/or is canceled, your access to the Foundation Course and all its Content will immediately cease.
Use of Courses and Content by You
- You must provide your legal full name, a valid email address, and any other information required by West in order to complete the subscription.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to access and use Content.
- Accounts registered by “bots” or other automated methods are not permitted.
- Though highly unlikely, West reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Foundation Course, future courses or any part thereof, with a 30-day notice. You agree that West shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the applicable course. Any unexpended or unearned subscription fees paid by you at the time of discontinuance shall be refunded immediately.
- Technical support is provided to subscribers at no charge.
- You agree to pay in accordance with the payment terms stipulated when you subscribed for the Foundation Course.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies or duties, excluding only United States (federal or state) income taxes.
Suspension or Termination of Account
West, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of Courses, for any reason at any time. Such suspension or termination will result in the deactivation or deletion of your account or your access to your account. In the event of Course termination or cancellation, provisions of these Terms and Conditions related to the following shall survive: Ownership of Content, Warranty Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification and General Conditions. For the protection and safety of all of our subscribers, West reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time, with or without notice.
Login and Users
If you purchase an individual license, your login may only be used by one person – a single login shared by multiple people is not permitted. Each person who is accessing and/or using Content should have a unique user account.
Any Subscription Manager you authorize will have the ability to authorize up to the number of authorized users for the specific course for which a subscription fee was paid. If you prefer, West can assign and authorized employee users after your subscription is paid, as long as you provide us with the first name, last name, and email address of the employees to be named as users for your subscription.
The Content contains confidential trade secret information belonging to West, and you may use the Content only pursuant to the license set forth herein. In addition, you may not disclose any Content or payment terms to any third party.
Ownership of Content
All right, title and interest in and to the Foundation Course, future courses, all Content therein and all rights contained therein are, and shall remain, the exclusive property of West.
The source files, graphics, animation, artwork, videos and other components included in the Content are the copyrighted and proprietary property of West and its licensors. West and/or its licensors own all patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and other proprietary rights in the Content; you may not rent, loan, lease or sublicense externally all or any portion of the Content. You agree not to access the courses or Content by any means other than through the interface that is provided by West for such access.
Terms of Account Security and Legal Activities
- Your use of the Site is at your sole risk.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. West cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to provide West with accurate information or to comply with security obligations.
- You agree to immediately notify West of any unauthorized use of your password or account, or any other breach of security.
- You are responsible for your own conduct. You are also responsible for all activity that occurs under your account, including for users who have access or use via your account.
- You may not use the Site for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Site, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws, trademark laws, patent laws, other intellectual property or industrial property laws, privacy laws, data export laws, and laws regarding libel and defamation).
- You agree not to engage in any activity that interferes with or disrupts the Site or the servers and networks connected with the Site.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, or exploit for any commercial purposes, any portion of the Site, use of the Site, or access to the Site without the express prior written permission of West.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Site or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Site, West or any other West service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any West customer, employee, member or officer will result in immediate account termination.
This Site and the Content on this Site are provided “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, West disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. West does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in the Site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that the defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes the Site available are free of viruses or other harmful components. West does not make any warranties or representations regarding the use of the Content in terms of its correctness, accuracy, adequacy, usefulness, timeliness, reliability or otherwise. Some states do not permit limitations or exclusions on warranties, so the above limitations may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability
EXCEPT FOR THE INDEMNIFICATION OBLIGATION BELOW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL AND WEST BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF DATA OR PROFIT, ARISING OUT OF THE USE, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE MATERIALS ON THIS SITE, EVEN IF WEST OR AN AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOUR USE OF MATERIALS FROM THIS SITE RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION OF EQUIPMENT OR DATA, YOU ASSUME ANY COSTS THEREOF.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT WEST USES THIRD PARTY VENDORS AND HOSTING PARTNERS TO PROVIDE THE NECESSARY HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, NETWORKING, STORAGE AND RELATED TECHNOLOGY REQUIRED TO RUN THE SITE. WEST DOES NOT WARRANT THAT (I) THE COURSES WILL MEET YOUR SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS, (II) ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE, (III) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE COURSES WILL BE ADVANTAGEOUS OR BENEFICIAL, AND (IV) THE QUALITY OF ANY INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED THROUGH THE COURSES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless West, its officers, managers, employees, agents, partners, licensors and suppliers from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, resulting from any violation of these Terms and Conditions or any activity related to your account (including negligent or wrongful conduct) by you or any other person accessing the Site using your subscription account.
West agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless you, your officers, directors, managers, employees and agents from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorney's fees, resulting from any allegations that any material in the Foundation Course or other courses or the Content of the foregoing violates the trademark, copyright or proprietary rights of any third party.
Changes to Site Terms and Conditions
West reserves the right to change any of these Terms and Conditions at any time and in its sole discretion. When we make changes, we will revise the “last updated” date at the bottom of these Terms and Conditions. Any changes will be effective immediately upon posting on the Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes. We encourage you to review the Terms and Conditions whenever you visit our Site.
Entire Agreement. These Terms and Conditions and any terms that you may separately agree to as part of subscribing to do business with West, represent the complete, entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and West. These terms supersede all prior, written or oral, understandings, contemporaneous proposals or agreements. These terms may only be amended in writing signed by you and an officer of West that explicitly states that it is intended to amend these terms. No terms contained in any of your purchase orders, acknowledgements, shipping documents or other forms or documents shall have any force or effect over these Terms and Conditions or the licenses granted herein.
Choice of Law and Forum. The Terms and Conditions and the relationship between you and West shall be governed by the laws of the State of Ohio without regard to its conflict of law provisions. you and West agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts in Columbus, Ohio.
Waiver and Severability of Terms. The failure of West to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
Statute of Limitations. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of or related to use of the Site, the courses or the Terms and Conditions must be filed within one (1) year after such claim or cause of action arose or be forever barred.
No Third Party Beneficiaries. You agree that, except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, there shall be no third party beneficiaries to the Terms and Conditions.
Notices. You agree that West may provide you with notices by email, regular mail or postings on the Site. Your notices to West must be sent by an email, which is acknowledged by a reply from West, or by a courier service which provides delivery confirmation.
Miscellaneous. The section headings in these Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
Questions about the Terms and Conditions should be sent to email@example.com.
Last updated: October 8, 2020